One application for the sodium nickel chloride battery is the electric propulsion of vehicles, rail-bound transportation and ships. The specific energy and energy density are especially attractive in applications where the battery is used on a continuous basis like in delivery vans, busses, taxies, and trains. The battery is inherent safe, 100% recyclability, working in any climate, with zero maintenance, and proofed long life time.
- FIAMM: Sodium batteries, applications and advantages of environmentally-friendly and efficient technology, pv magazine, March 23, 2015.
- The A-Class Electric Vehicle, Daimler-Benz AG, December 1997 (PDF)
- Irizar Battery Electric Buses In Barcelona (video)
- Irizar Battery Electric Buses In London (video)
- U.S. Advanced Battery Consortium LLC, Journal of Power Sources 72, 1998, 27-31, C.-H. Dustmann.